ABGC has contracted the services of Andrew Burns as Banana Supply Chain Engagement Manager, funded by the Hort Innovation Marketing Fund.
The Supply Chain Engagement project (BA22504) aims to develop and organize activities involving key supply chain stakeholders to build interest, excitement, and an understanding of the Australian Banana industry, ultimately increasing demand.
This will be done through:
1. Category and Supply Chain Engagement
- In conjunction with Hort Innovation, work with major retailers and independents to educate staff on best practice merchandising and negotiate Point of Purchase displays at key periods.
- Develop and issue a Retailer Tool Kit to all major retailers.
2. Promote the category
- Work closely with Hort Innovation to ensure their banana marketing activities and projects are well integrated and communicated in store to achieve maximum results.
- Improve the communication of information both ways across supply chains, including informing retailers and wholesalers on major supply issues and events.
More detail about Andrew Burns’ role can be found on the ABGC website (click here).