What is the ABGC membership?
The ABGC represents the interests of the Australian banana industry and our work is funded by voluntary membership fees.
To be listed on the ABGC membership register and receive full member benefits, members must pay the 0.22c/kg (that is, $0.0022/kg) membership fee. This can be paid directly to ABGC or can be collected through a participating wholesaler.
ABGC will contact you regarding your first payment after your application is received.
Our fees are separate to the national Banana Industry Levy.
The ABGC is the only horticulture group exclusively representing the interests of Australian banana growers.
Reasons to join us are:
- Access to exclusive industry information. We collate and supply banana transport figures on a weekly basis to ABGC members only. Non-member growers are not supplied with this information
- We convene key industry events of interest to banana growers and provide discounts where possible, eg. the Banana Industry Congress
- We represent the interest of banana growers and are your voice on industry issues, including the investment of industry levy funds on research and development and marketing projects
We work on issues of crucial importance to the survival and growth of the Australian banana industry including:
- Represent the industry on all aspects of Panama TR4 containment
- No banana imports – protecting Australia’s banana industry
- Effective biosecurity measures and pest & disease management
- Research and development projects
- Supply-chain management issues
- Effective communications with key stakeholders including policy makers and key-decision makers
- A fair and sustainable market for banana growers’ produce and a future for our industry.
Types of memberships
Our grower members are growers from banana-producing regions in Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Under ABGC’s Rules, the legal owner or owners of a banana plantation in Australia with at least half a hectare of bananas under production (Commercial Banana Plantation Owner) may apply to become a member of ABGC.
Growers wanting to become members must complete and submit a Grower Membership Application Form.
Please note, paying the Member Fee does not automatically qualify you for ABGC membership. The application will be considered at the next quarterly Board Meeting.
Affiliates are non-growers who have joined the ABGC as a way of showing their support for, and involvement with, the banana industry. To see a list of our affiliate members go to our industry partners page.
To apply, complete and submit a Affiliate Membership Application.
To see a list of our affiliate members, go to our Industry Partners page.
ABGC is funded from a voluntary Member Fee for grower members of 0.22c/kg (that is, $0.0022/kg).
Affiliate members pay an annual fee, which is a $1,000 minimum.
Payment of Fees
The grower Member Fee is payable monthly or quarterly and can be collected through the wholesaler or paid directly to ABGC.
For details on affiliate membership and payment of the annual fee, please see the Affiliate Membership Application form.
You can find the appropriate Forms for payment of membership fees appear below.
Membership forms and information
Growers seeking an ABGC membership should use this
Growers paying the ABGC directly and those paying via a wholesaler should use this form
Affiliates seeking an ABGC membership should use this