Panama Tropical Race 4
Simple steps to protect your farm from Panama TR4, plus where to find the latest information on the disease and how you can help stop the spread.
- Geoff Wilson, TR4 Program Manager, 0418 644 068 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jess Portch, Grower Support Coordinator, 0400 067 438 | email@example.com
- Skye Orsmond, Communications and Engagement Officer, 0427 942 809 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jen McKee, Senior Policy and Planning Officer, 0498 071 689 | email@example.com
- Nat Hayward, Surveillance Coordinator, 0455 526 797 | firstname.lastname@example.org
SIMPLE STEPS TO PREPARE YOUR FARM FOR PANAMA TR4
1. EXCLUDE, EXCLUDE, EXCLUDE!
Limit vehicle and machinery movement into your banana paddocks.
2. IMPLEMENT A SYSTEM TO MANAGE FOOTWEAR
Provide footwear to people coming onto your farm.
3. ZONE YOUR FARM
Designate areas for exclusion, separation and farming.
4. MANAGE PLANT MATERIAL
Avoid sourcing planting material from other people’s farms.
REMEMBER – COME CLEAN, LEAVE CLEAN!
There are people available to answer any questions you have. Contact the Australian Banana Growers’ Council office on 07 3278 4786 if you need assistance.
THE CASE FOR A TR4 FIVE YEAR CONTROL & CONTAINMENT PROGRAM
The Australian Banana Growers’ Council Business Case discusses the rationale for the industry and the Queensland Government to invest in the TR4 Program for the future.