The six-stop National Banana Roadshow series is again coming to a location near you in July/August 2018.
Make sure you save the date for one of these important industry events.
These fast paced day-long events will showcase the latest banana research and development results on:
- Panama disease Tropical Race 4 research;
- Farm production and environmentalpractices; and
- Aspects of supply chain management.
The roadshows will again feature the short, sharp 10 minute presentations from researchers, but this year may also include a ‘speed meeting’ session with the researchers and also interactive presentation displays.
These are your levies at work! Come along to see how the results from the latest research applies to your business.
DATES & LOCATIONS
- Murwillumbah: Tuesday 24th July, Murwillumbah Services Club
- Coffs Harbour: Thursday 26th July, Coffs Harbour Showgrounds
- Tully: Thursday 9th August, Tully Senior Citizens Hall
- Innisfail: Friday 10th August, Innisfail Showgrounds
- Mareeba: Friday 17th August, Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy John Charles room
- Carnarvon: Thursday 30th August, Carnarvon Yacht Club
You can register for the events through Eventbrite or by contacting your local industry extension officers.
For Queensland and WA events contact Shanara Veivers (DAF) at email@example.com or phone/text 0400 870 731.
For NSW events contact Matt Weinert (NSW DPI) at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 0438 644 136.
* The strategic levy investment project National Banana Development and Extension Program BA16007 is part of the Hort Innovation Banana Fund. The project is funded by Hort Innovation using the banana research and development levy, co-investment from the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.