Among the speakers you can look forward to are:
· Dr Bruce Campbell, former COO of Plant and Food Research in New Zealand, speaking about crisis disease management and his role in saving the kiwifruit industry
· Marc Jackson, Special Projects Manager at Fyffes, speaking about Australian bananas in a global business
· David Daniels, General Manager Market Development at Citrus Australia, speaking about exporting success
· Rachael Robertson, who led the 58th Australian expedition to Davis Station, Antarctica, speaking about leadership
· Bernard Salt AM, demographer and well-known social commentator
Banana growers will also take centre stage, speaking as part of an On-Farm Innovation Panel and sharing their insights about working with Panama tropical race 4.
In addition to a wealth of new knowledge to take back to the banana business, Congress also offers an exciting social program, beginning with Site Tours and culminating in the 2019 Banana Ball. This year, comedian Dave Hughes will headline the Ball, providing the perfect way to finish the event and celebrate the industry’s Awards of Honour.