Biosecurity Framework for the Australian Banana Industry
The Banana Industry Biosecurity Framework identifies gaps in knowledge, scientific protocols and on-farm practice for the high priority pests and diseases of the Australian banana industry. It has been developed as part of the Banana Strategic Industry Development project that was funded by Hort Innovation.
The Biosecurity Act 2014, the Biosecurity Regulation 2016 and the Queensland biosecurity manual came into effect on July 1, 2016.
To access the full legislative documents, click on the links below;
The Biosecurity Act 2014 is available online at; https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/B/BiosecurityA14.pdf
The Biosecurity Regulation 2016 is available online at; https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/SLS/2016/16SL075.pdf
The Queensland biosecurity manual is available online at; https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/379138/QLD_Biosecurity_Manual_2016.pdf
Below are some additional fact sheets:
- Fact Sheet – Panama Disease
- Fact sheet 1 – Bunchy Top Virus
- Fact sheet 2 – Banana Nutrition Part One
- Fact sheet 3 – Panama Disease
- Fact sheet 4 – Banana Nutrition Part Two
- Fact sheet 6 – Climate Change
- Fact sheet 7 – Irrigating Bananas
- Fact sheet 8 – Banana Weevil Borer
- Fact sheet 9 – Soldier fly
- Fact sheet 11 – Nematodes
Please note: the following fact sheets are being updated – Fact sheet 5, on Flying Foxes; Fact sheet 10, on Banana Aphid.